Quality school buildings have been found to contribute to student achievement in several ways:
· They provide light, acoustics, and air quality that directly impact learning.
· They offer inviting spaces that emanate a sense of warmth and community that enhances student self-belief and desire to be in school.
· They provide technology that optimizes instruction and prepares students for today’s workplace.
· They communicate to children that their community values education.
· They are built to maximize student security and safety in today’s unpredictable world. When students know they are in a safe space, they can better focus on learning.